A grand, colorful, and very comfortable home in a great location with friendly personal service!
The Lion and the Rose is a great place to stay while discovering Portland or visiting family or friends who live here ... to make your business trip more of a pleasure ... to celebrate an anniversary or birthday ... to enjoy a relaxing, romantic get-away ... for a quiet escape before leaving on your honeymoon ... or to have your family and friends feel at home while visiting Portland.
The two parlors and dining room are comfortable, spacious, and decorated in period furnishings. The Middle Parlor features a gas fireplace. We have a rack full of travel brochures and offer 20 custom maps to help you discover Portland. There is a "PC Nook" where you can check e-mail and print boarding passes. We offer free wireless internet access throughout the house.
Customize and Economize with "all the frills" or "no frills"
- You can book your reservation with or without daily breakfast. If you choose not to have breakfast with us, there are several breakfast restaurants and cafes within walking distance.
- You can also book your reservation with lite-housekeeping. In this case, every day we replenish towels and empty waste baskets, but leave the rest up to you.
- Every day we offer a hearty breakfast in our formal dining room
at 8:30am (8am with advance notice the day before).
- The breakfast includes a delicious combination of savory and sweet:
- cut fruit
- a hot egg dish and pastry or a sweet breakfast entrée and breakfast meat
- Granola, cold cereal and yogurt (on request)
- orange juice, coffee, tea, hot cocoa and hot apple cider
- We also offer the following on request: plain scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, hot oat meal, soy milk and decaf coffee
- Coffee is available in the kitchen starting at 6:30am.
- For those who need to depart before 8am, we can offer "to go" items, including cut fruit, pastry, power bars, apple juice and V-8.
- Complimentary Snack & Beverage Service: Cookies, pretzels and candies are available in the Dining Room on "Grandma's Treat Table" and whole fruit is available in the Kitchen. Complimentary beverages include tea, spring water, V-8 and Apple juice.
Street parking is safe and generally available. There are no parking meters or time limits. Feel free to use our front or back driveway to drop of your luggage before you park.
Listings and Memberships
The Lion and the Rose is proud to be listed in Best Places to Kiss, Best Places Northwest, Portland Best Places, Frommer's, Fodor's and AAA (3 Diamond). We are also members of the the Portland Metro Innkeepers Association, the Oregon Bed & Breakfast Guild, and the Professional Association of Innkeepers International.
Click here to view a 7 minute video introduction to our neighborhood and Portland.
Click here to read about us in Arrington's Inn Traveler Magazine.
Click here to read guest testimonials and travel guide reviews.
Click here for a complete list of Inn Policies.
We look forward go welcoming you to Portland. Please come and enjoy!
Steve Unger & Dustin Carsey
Discounts and Inn Policies
Holiday Periods & Restrictions
Vacation Rental Option
Awards & Accolades
Order Comphy Sheets
Buy Gift Certificates
Join / "Unjoin" Our Mailing List