Travel in Portland is Seasonal …
Over the past 15 years we have noticed that there is a big difference between guests who visit during the Winter vs. those who visit in the Summer.
- In the Winter and Spring (from November thru April) Portland is more rainy, cooler and quieter. Guests come to do something specific or to visit someone special. It may be to attend a convention or visit a parent or grandchild, but they are here for a reason … and they are looking for the best possible deal.
- In the Summer and Fall (from May thru October) Portland is sunny, warmer and full of outdoor activity. Our guests are more often tourists or on vacation. They are here to explore, see the sites, attend a music festival, run in a marathon, celebrate a wedding … and sample restaurants! They are looking to enjoy and pamper themselves.
As a result we have created “seasonal service”.
- During our Winter/Spring Season, we offer “Guest House Service”. We keep our rates as low as possible, include a complimentary continental breakfast and offer extended stay discounts.
- During our Summer’Fall Season, we offer “Bed & Breakfast Service”. our Winter Continental Breakfast is replaced by a delicious full plated-breakfast … and guests have the option to book without breakfast. We also include “Grandma’s Treat Table” with cookies, pretzels and candies. Finally, we offer an option for full daily housekeeping (like at a hotel).
Regardless of Season, Each Stay Includes …
- Guest room with private bath
- Soft and silky Sheets and Pillow Cases
- Use of Victorian Parlors on Main Floor and Garden Court
- Free local and long distance phone calls in the U.S.
- Free wireless internet access and guest PC with printer)
- Complimentary Tea, V8 and apple juice, bottled water and frsh fruit
- Hair dryer, iron and ironing board
- Free on-street parking
- As shown in the table below, rates vary by room, day of week and time of year.
- Our Winter/Spring “Guest House” rate includes a complimentary continental breakfast and Lite-Housekeeping.
- Our Summer/Fall “Bed & Breakfast” rates include breakfast for 2 Full Daily Housekeeping; however, you can save money be opting for “Lite-Housekeeping” or “No Breakfast”.
- Click here for information about possible Discounts and the use of 3rd-party Gift Cards or Gift Certificates
- The rates shown do not include the 13.3% Portland Hotel Tax.
- 1-night stays are accepted with the following exceptions:
- There are no check-ins or check-outs on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.
- A two-night stay is required over 3-day holiday weekends (such as Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends).
- Smoking, candles or incense are not permitted inside the inn.
- Except for the Victorian Apartment, we only accept children age 10 or older.
- We cannot accommodate pets.
- No check-in or check-out on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- 2-night minimum on weekend bookings of 3 or more rooms.
- 2-night minimum on three-day holiday weekends.